(Thanks to Elenor for pulling out her cell phone – I forgot to bring my camera! I wanted to get pictures of every step of the process…)
Oh man. Teapots are a HUGE project. Making the body is reasonably easy, even if I made a model with a little shelf for the lid to rest on, which is a bit of a hassle, but it took two tries to get it right. (And it’s still smaller than I wanted.)
Carving out the lids is awesome – I’ve never made lids before, and it’s a lot of fun. I may make tons of jars and pots and things with lids now. I made one other lid for this little pot which just seems perfect for Hunny.
Spouts, oh man. I wish I’d had another three hours to make some thinner and narrower spouts, because this one isn’t anywhere near delicate enough, but it was fun – and my teacher actually said she was impressed with my spouts! It was a few inches longer, and I should have cut off more at the bottom, not at the top. And I sort of ran out of time at the end, so I didn’t get as much time to attach it as I like, and it shows, but oh well. Live and learn.
It didn’t come out the way I’d planned, especially the spout, and time meant I had to forget several things I’d meant to do – but for my first teapot ever, and considering I’ve only been doing this since July, I’m pleased as punch. And if it hadn’t been for the idea I had going in, I’d probably be even more pleased. If I’d made a small squat round teapot, it would have been awesome.
The little emblem on the front is made with a stamp my mom got for me in Barcelona – it’s my initial with tons of curlicues around it, and so pretty.